Saturday, June 09, 2007

Remembering an unforgettable year






My tune: Move Along by All American Rejects



Five days from now, I will officially be a senior. The three, juvenile and happy-go-lucky years that have passed by, all come down to this final year. At first, I was reluctant to accept the idea that I'd be leaving high school. People say that a person's high school years are the best years in his life for during high school, people make genuine friendships, fall in love and grow at the same time.

Well, I guess those people are right. My high school is definitely great. After spending a hell-like life in grade school [i was bullied], it is like a breath of fresh air to be in high school. The three years that I have stayed in high school were rollercoaster rides.

In my first year, I was a monster. I was still new to the environment of not being bullied, that in return, I became a bully myself. I was a mean girl. I always did evil things to my seatmate.

My second year was fair. I somehow outgrew my childish behaviour when I was a freshie. During my second year, I met my loyal and faithful girl friends. Take note: only girl friends.
I didnt have much boy friends at that time yet. I was afraid to step out of my comfort zone and to try meeting different people. So I just hung out with the usual "girl" group.


Now, here comes my junior year. Its beyond words. Its in this year where I finally knew what high school is all about. I learned so much from this year.So to make it a little fun, here is a list of things I came to know and realized when I was a junior:

1. I learned to get out of my comfort zone and have the guts to meet people I dont usually hang out with. Remember when I was in second year? I used to have only girl friends? Well finally, I learned how to socialize and be friendly with the "others". You know what I mean when I say the "others" right? Yeah.. the boys. A friendship with a boy is entirely different with a girl. Since boys and girls dont think very much alike, talking with them is pretty interesting. Its worthwhile to have a friendship with a guy.

2. I realized that indeed, nothing is impossible.During my lower years in high school, I wasn't really academically achieving. True I was in the top section, but I wasn't excelling much from the rest as I used to do in elementary. So in my junior year, I conditioned my mind to become a better student. I wanted to achieve and accomplish something. And I did. My class rank improved so much. I even won as the secretary of the whole student body. I am a living proof that success will only be attained through hard work, determination and prayers. I can pretty much say that I actually became a nerd in third year. Hahaha.


During my third year in high school, I also went through new experiences which in the long run, really helped me grow as an individual. First, a.) I experienced failure. I tried out for our school newspaper and was rejected. But I was also triumphant. b.)I joined an impromptu speaking contest, and won.Third, c.) I went to prom. Need I say more?. And finally, d.) I almost had a love life. Why almost? Well, its a long story.

But do you know what's the "best-est" part of this school year? Having classmates that are actually, more like a family to me. So here is a tribute to a great year. I made this video when the school year was ending. You may have seen it before but I tell you, take time to watch it again. Its more memorable the second time around. So now, as I finish this post, I am keeping my fingers crossed that if junior year was great, Senior year will even be greater.

No comments: