Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Pork and Volcanic eruptions

My tune: Swing swing by All American Rejects

Today is an Independence day for me.I did something I normally leave others to do for me. I cooked real food today. Well, I have had cooking experiences before but they were always unreal food like hotdogs, or eggs, or any type of food cooked in the microwave. At home, I am known as the microwave master.Yeah, microwave ovens are damn good.

So anyway, I decided to try cooking pork chops for lunch. Its a big deal to me since i find it dangerous. I have seen Angela [sister] fry pork chops before and believe me, its more chaotic than you think. So I armed myself with pot holders that cover my whole arms so that I wouldnt get those oil spatters, or whatever you call it.

But my protection against the enemy didnt help at all. As I was frying the pork chops, the oil in the pan would explode or blow up like a volcanic eruption. Every now and then, oil suddenly pops out all over the place.

Is there any scientific explanation for the phenomenon that boiling oil just suddenly blows up when you fry pork chop in it?I mean, isnt it weird? Well, I managed to get through the cooking process alive and just slightly stinged by the oil spatters.

Oh my, I said earlier that microwave ovens are good. Now, I think microwave ovens make my life painless.They are my heroes.


But despite the sting and ache that cooking caused me, I happily want to give a toast for independency. Toast!

No comments: