Sunday, August 05, 2007

Fast Forward

My tune: The infuriating voice of Erik Santos singing on TV

The Chronicler's note: I've been pretty sick and out of order lately. No, not sick physically. Im sick "behaviourly". Oh dear, I hope I haven't conformed to this world yet.But by the way I have been doing things lately, I sadly believe I have. I dont know why but I have become a full-time irritable, attention-seeking procastinator. Basta. I am out of myself. Maybe its because of hormones or just plainly teenage angst. I.Don't.Know. One thing's for sure though, Im getting myself fixed. ["Dont worry about anything, instead pray for everything"----> Philippians4.6]


When I was young and still clueless about the goings-on of life, I always found the time to have a fast forward moment and think about the future years to come. I'd wonder who I'll end up with, what I'd look like, how rich I'll get [LOL], and of course, what I would be like when I grow up.


Yesterday, I made my stepping stone into finding the answer to that very question. I took the UPCAT .. The biggest exam I have ever taken in 15 years.



UPCAT which stands for University of the Philippines College Admission Test, is obviously the admission test to UP. UP is my dream school. [Well, besides Harvard, Oxford and Yale University that is.HAHA.So let me put it this way, UP is my realistic dream school]. Having three sisters already studying there, I have had a glimpse of what It is to be called an "iskolar ng bayan". The idea of being a UPian [<----is that what students in UP are called?] is the kind of life I want to have in the next four years of my life.


I don't mean to offend anyone, but seriously, when I go to college, I want to be away from my hometown, Bacolod City. Its not that I'm freakin' sick and tired of this City [okay, I am a little], its just that I want to start afresh. I have been studying in the same school since nursery and that makes me want to experience what it is like to be a new student too, a new face in a new town..


Here in Bacolod, I go around with a label plastered on my forehead.Wherever I go, whatever I do, as long as Im in the boundary of this City, I will always be that same labeled girl. I am like a spider hopelessly tangled in a web.I want to break free from that wretched web. I want to start a new life in a new town where nobody knows my name. So that's why I am dying to get to UP. Specifically UP Diliman. The farther from Bacolod, the better.

I can completely see myself as a UPian, taking Broadcast Communication, living a dorm life, being independent, and eating cup noodles for dinner. Heehee.

But in every story, there will always be a dream stealer. And in my story, that would be my mother.

She wants me to take up..yes, you've guessed it right.. Nursing [!!] in yet another same old same old College here in Bacolod. Like.. Duh? She says If I become a nurse, I'll go abroad and get rich fast. Man, boohoo. My view on people who take up Nursing just to have an easy way to work abroad is that they are simply ..
M-A-T-E-R-I-A-L-I-S-T-I-C. They focus their eyes only on the Dollars instead of what they really want. Hello? The road to success is not a one-way street.

Besides, nursing is too flavorless for a spicy girl like me.Hahaha.

What I want is to take up either Broadcast Communication and become a broadcaster, or take up Film and Audio-Visual and become a photographer or director.


Enough said. I will go to UP [I believe,I believe].And I will not take up Nursing.Period.

No comments: