Monday, January 07, 2008

2007 In Review

When the year 2007 started, I was feeling uncertain and doubtful that the year would be as great as the previous one. It is my nature to be reluctant to say goodbye to something I’ve held on to for quite a while. So moving on to a new year is not an easy job for me.

But who would have thought? 2007 was an even greater and more delightful year for me.

And now, here I am once again, bidding farewell to what has become the best year of my life. But at this time, I am no longer reluctant. I welcome the New Year with a big, warm hug!




As a retrospect of the countless memories that have come and by during 2007, I want to tell you that the year 2007 served as a teacher to me. I learned to love things and situations I used to ignore and dislike: Living with my parents alone and doing things all by myself. I took big leaps and steps, some of which I never though I’d be able to accomplish: Debating on local TV and organizing the biggest school party of the year. I gained and handled greater responsibilities: Unexpectedly becoming the President of the whole student body.

However 2007 also served as a torture to me. I was deceived by my hopelessly romantic heart, struggled with accepting change, lost the appetite to excel academically, and suffered badly in my Christian walk.

My 2007 year was bilateral. I didn’t only pleasured with happy happenings but also dealt with the misfortunes. That is the beauty of it. I experienced both sides of life.

Now, as I continue my life journey into the uncertainty and surprises of 2008, I am armed with the wisdom and insights I came to know in the previous year.

When I look ahead, I know it’ll be a tough year. I’ll graduate from High School, start from square one in College and grow up. GROW UP.

I guess everything really is changing in this year of the rat. RATS.. [as if I believe in those stuff]





No comments: