Wednesday, July 11, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things




My tune: The Valley Song by Jars of Clay

I wil be having my First Grading examinations next week so I wont be able to type long posts for the next 7 days. One thing I learned from the past month is to be always prepared for everything so the days ahead of me will be a time for preparation. Tonight I am posting a very short post but yet, such a meaningful one.

Yesterday, I went to National Bookstore. Besides drooling over their shelves of delightful reads, I noticed a book These are a few of my favorite things by Tony Burton from Make a wish Foundation. The book contains the wishes [which the foundation heartfully granted] of little kids with life-threatening diseases. Its a inspiring book which will make you realize that the simplest things are of the greatest value. So now I am also making my own list. But I wont include material things. I've come to realize that material objects are not my favorite things after all.


These are some of my favorite things:
  1. Experiencing the amazing Grace of my Abba Father.
  2. Seeing fluffy, colorful clouds in the skies.
  3. Laughing out of nowhere because a funny memory came into mind.
  4. Catching my breath while having a L.O.L moment.
  5. Having a worthwhile conversation with a friend.
  6. Friday nights and Saturday mornings.
  7. Eating out with the oldies<---- mom and pop. :]
  8. Doing something brave and new.
  9. Being nocturnal with my fellow nightly species, my greatly-missed sisters.
  10. Hearing a song that makes me think, sigh, and become nostalgic.
  11. Videoke with my dorky girl friends.
  12. Being in the backseat of our car.
  13. Waking up to a rainy morning.
  14. Love.

Gees, I had to stop myself from making a hundred-long list. I dont know why, but I just love making lists like that one. I guess that adds to my list of my favorite things too.Haha! My favortie things may seem bizarre so here are some of my reasons.

On #4. I dont know if its a health problem but everytime I laugh so hard, I run out of oxygen that I need to stop and catch my breath first before I resume laughing. But even although its like that, I love the feeling of it. Yes.Yes.Yes. I am abundant in laughing gas.

On #7.Being a sort of "only child" since all of my sisters left home for college, I have so much time spent alone with my parents. I never thought about it but my parent are cool after all. The three of us always, and I mean always, eat dinner out and so we bond more and pretty much, sooner or later, the three of us will become BFF's. Hahaha.

On # 10. I love songs that bring back memories.

On # 12. Sitting on the backseat of our car is a pleasure for me. Its an amusing thing to do to watch the buildings and people your car passes by and hearing adult conversation happening in the front seats. It is almost like for a moment, you become invisible as you sit at the backseat.

On # 13. Rainy mornings make me sleep like a baby.

Making that list was fun and inspiring.Hey, why dont you make one too? Believe me, its worthwhile.

No comments: