Monday, April 21, 2008

Is UP Life For Me?

Exactly one week ago, I went to the place I call as "Somewhere Else". I went to Ilo-Ilo with my sister Andrea who is currently taking up her bachelor's degree in the same university, UP- Visayas.

It will be a boring read for you guys if I tell here all the mishaps we've been through. So I'm going to spare you the pain and make a summary.. simply because I love you [and I dont like boring people to death!].


Okay.. I've never been into a trip as troublesome as my trip to UP-Visayas. I went there with incomplete entrance credentials to be passed to the Registrar[which was the sole purpose why we went there in the first place]. So my sister and I had to go back and forth,like a hundred times, from building to building. And take note: we had to ride a tricycle [which inconsiderately charged a pricey fare] from building to building!


And the pila was sooo long so we had to spend 2 nights in the dorm. The worse part is, we didn't have sufficient clothes with us! Believe me, I wore the same jeans for three straight days! And my sister had to sleep in her undies! Hahaha! So funny! We ended up buying boy shirts in the banwa [like a small city]. Why boy shirts? Because the female shirts they were selling were so baduy and buki [out-of-date]!


Oh, and haven't I told you that I lost my high school card [which was uber important!] while we were strolling in the streets of Miagao? Men! Good thing we traced the way we've been through and found it! My sister and I were also running out of moolah. Everything was unexpected that my sister didn't bring her ATM. But thanks to some helpful people [yes.. there are really good-hearted people left on this planet] we managed to survive.

So there, we went home to Bacolod wearing boy clothes and a pocketful of memorable misfortunes.

Most of you might think that because of all the hindrances I've met, studying in UP aint for me. You might think I'm jinxed. Well at first I think so too. Sometimes, I doubt if I made the right decision of moving to another place away from home.But I realized that hello? I survived all those obstacles! Even if a thousand barriers came my way, here I am.. still clinging to my hope of having a new life somewhere else. Surviving those hindrances makes me even more confident that it is God's will for me to study in UP. I know I must starve these doubts of mine.


I have to tell you though, life there is so different from the life I am comfortable with. But this is the time for me to receive change. Nobody said that achieving what I want will be as easy as 1 2 3. Sacrifice is a part of aiming for a higher goal.

No comments: